7/23/2005

A handful of ...

I was supposed to take a business trip from Tuesday through Sunday. I'd be in a very unfamiliar place for Shabbat, so I had to pack all I'd need to make Shabbat. I took about two hours to get everything together. Then the trip was postponed a day. I was still at home on Wednesday morning and needed to shave. I had not packed my electric shaver in the usual place . (I usually put it in a separate bag of electronics along with my mp3 player and phone charger; why not?) I wound up taking EVERYTHING out of my big suitcase, finally spotting a plastic bag the right size. I put that bag aside and returned everything to my suitcase. (Are you asking yourself why I'm writing this entry in a Jewish blog?)

Then I took a close look at the plastic bag I had set aside. It contained the five candles I'd packed for Friday night and Havdalah. It really DID look a lot like my razor. I unpacked everything again ... and eventually found it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home